Been a cold rainy week here in Burien. I gave up on my green house project- need to go back to the drawing board, on that one, Bought Romeo a Dog pack, and made some Apple Cider Jelly using Abbie’s Recipe Used the low sugar recipe. Snaps to Abbie for this recipe. Like having a fresh apple on my toast! Still processing pumpkins
Sharon's Independence Days Challenge- Year two, week 23
1. Plant something: Transplanted a honeysuckle vine in my yard that had out grown a pot at my mom’s
2. Harvest something: Tomatoes and onions for the food bank.
3. Preserve something: Apple Cider Jelly- thanks to Abbie for the recipe
4. Reduce Waste (recycle, reuse, reduce, repair or compost something): Made some poop bag holders out of prescription medicine bottles. Maybe sell them if I get a booth at next season’s Farmer’s Market.
5. Preparation and Storage: Bought Romeo a Dog Pack. He’s a working dog now! He can help carry some groceries and such.
6. Build Community Food Systems: Getting ready for to say goodbye to the community gardens at the BIAS by joining in on the Night of 1000 pumpkins/Day of the dead celebration on November 1st. Bought ½ gallon of Local Apple Cider at Eat Local store to make Cider Cinnamon Jelly
7. Eat the Food (cook or eat something new): Apple Cider Cinnamon Jelly, Roasted pumpkin seeds,
Melinda’s Growing Challenge: Nothing new to report
Meat Free Mondays: Breakfast muffin and coffee, Lunch- TVP Chik’n patty, mac and cheese, Lunch at work- Cheese and Rye Crackers, dinner Omelet
Ditch The Disposables -Still going strong. Nothing to report.
Buy Hand challenge: Finished the Popcorn movie bags. Getting started on the rest of my clocks.