Thursday, February 25, 2010

RIP Topaz







Poor old "Spaz"... she was a good and loyal dog.Topaz came here about 11 years ago. She was Martin's Mom's retired guide dog. You never saw a dog that enjoyed a meal more. She loved food. Be it out of the trash can, pizza box. Never picky. Good friend to all the dogs and cats. These pics were taken by Martin today before he took her in to be put down. 14 years is a long time for any dog, quite long for a lab. Especially a big dog like her. She went peacefully. Say hi to Binky, Spike and Tuffy for me Spaz. I will miss you, baby girl.

5 comments:

The 4 Bushel Farmgal said...

I'm sure Topaz is enjoying a grand welcome from friends who have gone before!

Chile said...

Oh, I'm sorry it was time for Topaz to go. That is such a hard part of having a pet. I'm glad she had a good life and some great meals.

Farmer's Daughter said...

I'm sorry to hear that! I'm sure she loved her human and animal family and had a wonderful long life.

Allie said...

So sorry to hear it! What a beautiful girl she was!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry that Good Dog Topaz had to be put down. I'm happy she had a caring home where she -- along with her eager appetite -- was appreciated.

Every Good Doggie should have such a decent life.

~d