Saturday, February 20, 2010

What A Day!

We are experiencing very nice spring like weather here in the normally gray, cloudy Northwest. Pretty busy day today- First, I went and help the gardeners at New Futures @ the Heights in Burien establish their new community garden, as part of the crew at Sustainable Burien. It is neat to see the residents of this mostly Latin community take and interest in growing their own. We were putting in fence posts around the garden with wire to allow berry bushes to grow up on. I wish I had pictures, I took pics with My cell phone, but like the idiot I can be forgot to save them to my phone. Then later in the day, I attended a party given by the B/IAS folks, at the Burien Press as a thank you to all who were involved which included Community Gardeners from Sustainable Burien. The bad part was I ate three pieces of Diabetic candy before attending and had a bout with IBS. That candy tastes good, but does a number on the human waste system! But I made it through!

And in my little radical way, I parked by the old B/IAS spot and spread a bunch of seed bombs. Guerrilla Gardening can be so exhilarating! More on that later, And I finally got some seeds started at home. Mortgage Lifter Tomatoes, Tumblers, "Syrian" Summer Squash, pumpkins and sweet peppers are now in the green house awaiting launch.

1 comment:

The 4 Bushel Farmgal said...

Sounds like a terrific day - helping out at the new garden!