Sunday, February 14, 2010

Almost Homemade Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day!!!
Well around here there are plants and sweets to give. For my Mom, I got an assortment of Herbs in a pot, and I put together a jar of Sugar Free chocolates. (It is not easy to find Diabetic Chocolates and candy ever since Boehm's shut their doors in Burien). Mom likes these chocolates- they are her favorites. For Martin, a plant and a jar of Peanut butter Hugs.(a variation on Peanut Butter Kisses, a Christmas cookie I make. I use hugs for this as Martin hates Hershey's Chocolate (Commie), but likes white chocolate

PEANUT BUTTER HUGS(Featuring the World's Easiest Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe)

1 cup of peanut butter

1 egg

1 cup of sugar

24 or so Hershey's Hugs (Usually found with the kisses)

Preheat the oven to 350- Mix the peanut butter, egg and sugar (and yes, there is no flour in this) Roll out into 1/2" to 1" balls. Place on a cookie sheet I put a sheet of Parchment paper on the cookie sheet. Bake for 7 - 10 minutes until golden brown. Remove from the Oven. Place a "HUGS" on each cookie- let cool.

No comments: