Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Charge It!!!









I must tell you I love my new cell phone. It holds a charge like forever. The only problem is when I charge it I lose it. After making charging stands for every one but me at Christmas, I decided it was my turn-First I found a decent style wooden box at the thrift store, then I sanded it and painted it sage green, (wish I had taken a before pic).

I drilled a hole big enough for the charger plug to go through.




I plugged it in to a power strip that is easily turned off when not charging or running the lap top. A charging stand for my cell phone. Too easy and great. And it holds pencils and pens!


While you are visiting enter my giveaway to win a package of Basil Mix Seed Balls

6 comments:

The 4 Bushel Farmgal said...

What a great idea! Re-using something for a very *tech-y* application. And the sage green gives the box a retro look. I’ll put one of these type boxes on my list of things to watch for at my local thrift shops. Thanks for the detailed photo and explanation!

Jennifer Juniper said...

I love this - I need this!

Cass @ That Old House said...

I really like this idea! I don't lose my phone when I charge it -- I lose the charging cord! I think I NEED to make one of these.
thanks!
Cass

Robj98168 said...

4 Bushel- I see these letter organizers in the thrift stores all the time- good luck!

Jennifer- Me Too

Cass- LOL That's what I was trying to say- I don't lose the phone as much as track of the charger!

Maryann @ Domestically-Speaking said...

Cute & Clever... love the color too! Thanks for sharing at the POPP!

Unknown said...

Very very cool. I SO need on of those, thanks for the inspiration!