Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Mental Fitness

ne thing I am slowly learning is no one cares how I am feeling. Not the employees certainly not my customers, and pretty much everyone else. Oh they say things like "Oh you need to get your rest" or "remember to take care of yourself". But mostly it is indifference to me and anything I really need. All I know is I have to take care of myself because no one really cares. I have my two dogs and they love me. And for now that is enough. If I have a really bad day, some of my so called friends like to see how far they can push me until I break, then get all defensive on me when it happens. That is total bull shit. Recently I made decisions in business, like cancelling our weekend brunch, because, A- it doesn't generate enough income to override labor costs, and B.- I don't need the stress. And that  is all good and fine until one of my employees, decides... No more Eggs Benny? That's right mother fucker. My mental health is more important than if you get your favorite egg dish on Saturday or Sunday. Sorry if that seems selfish or I am ranting, but fuck it. I need to take care of me right now.

No comments: