Terrible PR Emails: Part Three
7 hours ago
|A metal bottom carafe makes a nice Ivy Planter|
|Picture from Mosby Building Arts|
"1) How many fish can I keep? The industry standard is 1" of fish for 1 gallon of water. This is a 3 gallon tank, so you can have 1 larger 3" fish, or a few smaller 1" fish. If you'd like to host other types of fish, the system will allow it, but you should transfer them out to a larger tank when they grow in size.
2) What kind of fish can I put in my tank? Many types will work well, but we highly recommend some ornamental fish like bettas, cloud fish, danios, etc. These are some of the easiest fish to keep, but depending on your expertise, you can keep others!
3) How big is the unit? It's roughly 10" wide, by 11" high, by 6" deep - smaller than your average toaster oven! The tank itself holds 3 gallons of water. When empty, it's super-light, just a few pounds!
4) What is it made out of? We are finalizing the exact materials, but are exploring various combinations of recycled plastics, acrylic, and glass.
5) Can I grow flowers in my system? Absolutely!!
6) How many different types of plants can I grow? There are 5 "pots" to plant in, and you pick and choose what combo of plants to grow in them as you please! Five of the same, or one of each. You can get creative!
7) Does it need sunlight - I thought fish don't like sun? We recommend putting the tank right next to your window, with the back up against a wall. That way there's no direct light coming into your tank, but at the same time, enough ambient sunlight to help the plants grow. If you'd like to place the kit right against a window, we suggest just placing a backer against the back clear panel to prevent direct sunlight from hitting the tank (which can cause algae growth!) We're working on finding the best tint for the back right now.
8) Can I grow year-round? Yes! If it's too cold though for the fish you choose or you don't have proper light in the winter, we suggest investing in some inexpensive water-heaters and grow-lights to guarantee consistent growth! We'll have our favorite suggestions on our site, and links to buy them, when we are reading to ship in late February."