Saturday, August 23, 2008

Hey Paisan!!! Two great spots to eat










This post is not for the faint of stomach- it involves Hot Dogs and sandwiches with cheez-whiz on them. Hey- I cant be good all the time. Read on at your own risk!
Lately I have been discovering a few restaurants that deserve mention here. Not that they are necessarily sustainable, but that they are damn good!
Hey Paison! Santone’s Italian Sandwiches- You will feel like you are in a Soprano’s episode when you walk in. There are pictures of The ratpack, Frank, Dino and Sammy. Then Ronnie Santone, the owner greeted me with a boisterous Hey Paison! Immediately you feel like family! Then I ordered the best sandwich ever- the Philly Cheese steak with fried onions and a smattering of cheez-whiz. Next time I’m gonna try Ronnie’s cannelloni! The sandwich to go was wrapped in foil-so at least it wasn’t Styrofoam and unlike so called delis like Quisno’s and Subway- no plastic bag! And the sandwich was to die for. I now know what they serve in heaven for lunch! Don’t believe me?- just look at the wonderful reviews~
Now my other favorite lunch spot, Matt’s Gourmet Hot Dogs were they "Guarantee you'll love their food or Matt is an idiot", is a lot like Santone’s in that you feel like you have been coming there for years. He takes an out of town favorite, a Chicago style hot dog, and makes it a Seattle tradition. I think their dogs are locally made. I order the chili dog because it is the best thing there! Quirky little restaurants that are clean, Friendly, and now I know what they serve for a late night snack in heaven! And my chili dogs are wrapped only in paper and put in a paper bag! Very Cool!

4 comments:

Connie said...

No Rob, come back to the light...

Robj98168 said...

I aint away from the light- I just like sausage made from unknown ingredients and processed chees food once in awhile. Sheez!

Tara said...

I feel you, Rob. I PINE for Chicago dogs. So yummy. So wrong. And philly-steak with fried onions and cheez-whiz? Where do I sign?

On a similar note, Hubby and I had a complete meltdown yesterday and ate Pop-Tarts. They were fabulous.

Robj98168 said...

I love pop tarts! Strawberry with a dab of butter. I think I was Paula Dean in a former life!