Monday, August 18, 2008

JP can has statue?


J.P. Patches- What a Clown!
Growing up in Seattle in the '60's, all kids were Patches Pals and tuned in daily to watch the adventures of Julius Pierpont Patches and his girlfriend Gertrude. Sure, I occasionaly would switch the channel to Kings Clubhouse with Stan Boreson, but usually you would find me watching JP. Some lucky kids had parents who wrote in their kids birthdays so J.P. would say happy birthday on his ICU2TV. Somehow, he never said happy birthday to me. Wonder why, Mother???
Anyway JP and his alter ego, Chris Wedes, are now 80. And have a statue. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy!

1 comment:

rosiegirl said...

That is awesome. I remember as a child meeting JP Patches with my younger brother in Vancouver. My brother, who at the time was quite the talkative child, was speechless after JP told him that he had heard my brother had gotten new shoes. My brother was wearing his new shoes. In that brief moment, JP's attention was with my brother, which is something I have never forgotten. He is a wonderfully caring man. I agree the statue, couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.