Monday, July 28, 2008

Broccoli and other veggies I have never grown


I hang my head in shame. My name is Rob and I have never tried to grow broccoli! I like broccoli, never had a problem eating it. But have never grown my own. But today at the nursery (Home Depot- the nursery!- who am I kidding) I walked by the rapidly diminishing seed rack (IT is late July) and spied the pack of Broccoli "De Cicco' Seeds. I know they can be planted for fall. I need to add veggies for a fall crop. So in the spirit of Melinda's growing challenge, I bought a pack of broccoli seeds. Hopefully it won't be as boring as watching the Borage grow. My garden needs some excitement! Maybe I should get the puppy from next door to say hullo to Sammy Cat! That would at least be entertaining if not exciting!
Sammy has the need to show all dogs he is "SAMMY, KING AND RULER OF CANINES AND OTHER LESSER SPECIES OF THE NEIGHBORHOOD". And he likes to get that point out at first meeting. Anyway, tomorrow I shall plant broccoli. And it will be good!

Good thing they didn't have kale seeds!

1 comment:

Connie said...

I'm growing brocholli this year for the first time! I actually have on teeny weanie brocholli flower - hope it's not over.

Must say it has taken forever to grow.