Saturday, July 12, 2008

Weekly Update!!!

(Oregon Grapes

WHAT HAS HAPPENED THIS WEEK: Lets see, got the addition I put on house approved by the city (final inspection- now i Can legally occupy my living room!); Need to look into city rules on keeping chickens. Saturday found a new problem with house- No Power in my bedroom! Was at Lowes to get some parts for that problem and found they had a closeout sale! I got an elderberry bush for $1.49! and I got some light fixture medallions for $2 a piece!

Sharon's Independance Day's Challenge:
Plant something: Planted Elderberry bush I got at Lowes; planted wedding seeds I got from cousins daughter’s wedding- The table assignments were on packets of seeds

Prep something: Ordered jar lid sealers for my FoodSaver system after reading chile’s post on them… I had forgotten that I could do that with my Food Saver!

Store something:Ground and froze zuchinni for bread
Harvest something:Hmmm… used radish greens and chard greens (thinnings) picked some dandelion greens and added them to a salad, picked some Oregon Grapes I found growing at a gas station and put those into the salad

Manage something: Got Yard and food waste bin added to my garbage service!
Cook something new: Made an Low Sugar Apple crisp- was delicous, made a couple of loaves of zucchinni bread

Work on Local Food Systems: Bought some zucchinni at the farmers market

Compost something, Reuse. reduce, recycle: Got Yard and food waste bin added to my garbage service! Took old non working Laptop to REPC for recycling.

Learn a skill:Nothing

Crunchy Green Goddess's Shower Challenge Still 5 minutes or less per shower- still catching the warm up wter in bucket!

Chile's Peak Oil Addiction challenge- still no sodas!

Crunchy chicksters “My ass is melting challenge”- I'm melting! Melting! LOL! BUt after reading chile's posts about the heat in the desert, I don't think I will complain about my 80 degree weather- And I have been able to keep the house at around 75 using my ceiling fan and strategically opening doors and windows.

2 comments:

Chile said...

You'll love the jar sealer, Rob. My new machine came with a small quantity of bags and a roll of plastic. After doing the jars, my head was spinning thinking about all the stuff I could vacuum up!

Congrats on the soda. You're good at these challenges, aren't you?! Gonna have to make the next one harder.

Robj98168 said...

I already love the jar sealer- haven't found anything to seal other than some marshmallows so I can do my own infomerrcial!