Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Weekly Challenge Update

Independence Days Challenge Year 4, Week 14
Plant something- In the greenhouse: Started bell peppers, Lemon Cucumbers, pickling cucumbers


In the community garden plot: Chives


At home: Planted potatoes in the Potato Grow Bags I ordered

Harvest something: Just some sprouts

Preserve something: Dehydrated some sweet potatoes (both to use in soups and as dog treats); Community: Community Garden orientation today

Preparation: getting planting boxes ready; making tomato cages

Eat the food/eat something new: Nada

Waste not: scrap lumber and fencing making tomato cages

Want not: Installed new shower head (2 gallon per minute) Slowly installing LED Light bulbs in strategic areas


Do without


I was very good this week. Friday for dinner I had Corn Dogs- Yes I said Corn Dogs. I had bought some Soy Corn Dogs from Trader Joes. No candy, bought no mochas or lattes.

No comments: