Thursday, September 22, 2011

Volt VS. Leaf

I have been looking at Electric cars again. This time I looked and did some test drives. I test drove the Chevy Volt and the Nissan Leaf.

The Volt- I cannot get over the sticker price of the Volt- over $40K. But it does have some advantages- Your batteries run down below 50% and the gas "generator" takes over. But i still cannot also get over the fact the GM had the EV1 and the way they got rid of them. GM could have been a leader and chose instead to cow tow to the Big Oil companies and withered away their opportunity.

The Leaf- Me personally I think the Leaf is a sharper looking car. Great lines and such. And it has features that even Romeo is looking for.
But all that being said, Neither company seems to get the fact that putting a deposit down to order a car is a turn off. Just sell me the damn car. Don't take my deposit and make me wait 3 to 6 months to buy my car. Nothing turns me off faster.

1 comment:

Maria said...

I just saw my first Volt on the highway this week. I had no idea they were that expensive....thanks for the review!