Thursday, February 10, 2011

Easy Shrimp Po' Boys


I just love Shrimp Po' Boys, I would eat them daily if I could. Out here they are available at the Tin Room Bar- If only they were easier to make. Well now they are! I adapted one of Rachel Ray's Recipes for a simpler, "semi-Homemade" version of a Shrimp Po' Boy. The end result is it tastes great and is easier to make!


Shrimp Po' Boy Sandwich
This is an easy take on the Shrimp Po' Boy. One of my favorite sandwiches.
What you need:
1 Package frozen breaded shrimp (optional)
1 tomato, sliced
1/2 head of lettuce shredded
2 Hoagy Rolls
1 tablespoon of Mustard
1 tablespoon mayonaisse
1 tablespoon of honey or agave nectar

The reason the breaded shrimp is optional is some prefer to do all that work themselves. There is a recipe for that here. Otherwise hush up about it and follow along...
Prepare the breaded shrimp per the instructions (I prefer Trader Joe's Breaded Shrimp simply because there are no tails; that and it cooks up nice in the oven, otherwise I use Gorton's Popcorn shrimp). Slice the tomato, shred the lettuce. Prepare the dressing- mix the Mustard, mayo and the honey/agave nectar. Now assemble the sandwich as follows- A layer of tomato, a layer of lettuce, a layer of shrimp, and dabble on the dressing. Eat and enjoy!

No comments: