Thursday, February 24, 2011

The $64 Tomato

The $64 Tomato by William Alexander



I don't remember where or when I first heard about this book. All I know is I am glad I did!
This book is about the trials of William Alexander, his wife Anne, A physician and their triumphs and failures at gardening or rather homesteading their ancient victorian home on 3 acres. It made me chuckle (a good sign with a book for me) as he describes in great detail how they designed and built their garden, started a small orchard and the crazy folks I who came in their circle. Very well written, not a "green garden book" per say, but very funny and a very fast read. Anyone who has ever wanted to do a homestead on their own should read this book. And it is a must read for all of us would be farmers who struggle to grow the perfect vegetable or fruit.I give it three green thumbs up

No comments: