Thursday, May 10, 2012

DIY Insecticidal Soap


You all know I think the world of Dr. Bonner's soaps, both liquid and bar. But did you know it makes a great insecticidal soap when you (or rather, your plants) get attacked by aphids and other related crawly things? Well it does. It disrupts insects’ cell membranes, and kills pests by dehydration. Or rather it gives them a big case of Bug Diarrhea!.

Insecticidal Soap Spray
1 to 2 tablespoons Dr. Bonner's or other pure Castile liquid soap
1 quart water
Combine ingredients in a bucket, mix, then transfer to a spray
bottle as needed. Or if you are like me and have two or three empty Dr. Bronner's bottles in your shower just refill those and squirt it on the affected plant.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you! I've just filled a spray bottle and am adding this to my rotation of garlic/pepper spray and neem oil to keep the bugs off my veggies.