Well nice week this week... got into an email argument with my right wing cousin... sending me some Glenn Beck inspired propaganda about our president. And Sammy killed his first mouse of the year. Way to go, Sammy! Maybe I should wrap it up and send to my cousin! The UNION way!!!
On the home front, Got some more seeds started in the greenhouse. Trying to decide what to plant for Arbor Day.
On to the Challenges:|
Sharon's Independence Days Challenge Year 3, week 12
1. Plant something: Started some Chamomile starts so I can make tea. Don’t know how it will work out. Keeping my fingers crossed. Planted more seed starts more tomatoes, squash, artichokes. Planted some mesclun in one of my lettuce boxes
2. Harvest something: Foraged some Dandelion for greens and flowers.
3. Preserve something: NADA
4. Reduce Waste (recycle, reuse, reduce, repair or compost something): Used an old skate board deck to make a bench, composted some cooked veggies from St. Pat’s day;
5. Preparation and Storage: Ordered some more seeds;
6. Build Community Food Systems: Nada
7. Eat the Food (cook or eat something new): Mac and Cheese Pie (Something New); Dandelion Greens and flowers in a salad
Freeze Your Buns off challenge-Not freezing so much. Spring appeards to be here now.
One Small Change- Still no pop or water bottles thanks to the Soda Stream