Well let's see- this week sucks- I have to work this weekend (and next) so little time for playing- but I did get to a "garage" sale put on by Safeway Employees benefitting the Susan G. Kolman Fund for Breast Cancer Research and found a garden Weasel for $2!
Sharon's Independence Days Challenge- Year two, week 5
1. Plant something: some new lettuce, some more radishes, Stevia plants, cilantro
2. Harvest something: Chinese cabbage;Radishes, spring onions, garlic, peas
3. Preserve something:
4. Reduce Waste (recycle, reuse, reduce, repair or compost something): made a couple of planters out of Urn type lamp bodies; got a new hammock, use the old canvas one for weed block- saved the rope for use later
5. Preparation and Storage: Bought some mason jars, bought a “Garden Weasel" at a garage sale benefitting the Susan G. Kolman fund at Safeway
6. Build Community Food Systems: Took a donation of food to the food bank- my water district has a drop off so it is not as far!
7. Eat the Food: Chinese cabbage, radishes, spring onions in a cole slaw, Chinese Cabbage stir fry with pea pods
8. Cook or eat something new: Chinese cabbage, radishes, spring onions in a cole slaw, Chinese Cabbage stir fry with pea pods
Melinda’s Growing Challenge
Potatoes doing good
Cilantro in a container made from a plumbing part
Tomatoes seem to like the self watering container
How to Save Money on Finance Costs
53 minutes ago