Thursday, August 2, 2012

Marshmallow Crackers

I was looking for something to satisfy my sweet tooth. Then I remembered something my mom made when I was little. Marshmallow Crackers. Similar to a smore, so easy a kid can whip up a batch in minutes.
A marshmallow cracker is simply a saltine cracker topped with peanut butter, then topped with a mini- marshamallow, then broiled in a broiler just long enough to toast the marshmallow. I decided to punch it up a bit. I did four crackers using the traditional peanut butter (I have a jar of crunchy to use up), I used Ritz crackers instead of saltines. Then I did two using a Nutella type spread, and a couple using Trader Joe's© Cookie Butter. Out of all of them the Cookie Butter was my favorite- it has a ginger taste that when warmed is intoxicating.

No comments: