Monday, November 8, 2010

Proud to be a L.L. Beanstalk

Not me, but a look-a-like
L.L. Beanstalks- What I call people who wear a bit too much flannel and blue jeans. With suspenders. Big logging type suspenders. Not exactly Urban wear. I can do flannel shirts and blue jeans, but not the suspenders. And footwear... L.L. Bean makes the best shoes and boots! Plus I have some sweats I bought at a thrift shop that are L.L. Beans, that I have had for over 3 years!

I have to admit, I am not much for buying clothes... my job requires me to buy work clothes, which I do begrudgingly at Work N More. They are the only place I can go that has my inseam coupled with my waste. The last time I bought jeans I had to have them hemmed 2 inches, but apparently the seamstress/seamster at the dry clean shop couldn't figure out what 2 " was. I got home and sure enough, the pants kept dragging underneath my shoes. But enough of that. I recently bought a pair of winter shoes/boots from L.L. Bean, and the best surprise was the packaging- They came in a plain cardboard box, with paper tape, with instruction on the box "To reuse the box, simply cut the tape" of course I shuddered when I opened it thinking everything will be in a plastic bag, packed in Styrofoam peanuts. But My surprise was No. Just some simple paper, for cushioning and in the shoes was some cardboard forms. In fact about the only thing I can complain about is throwing in a catalog into the box- We could do with one less catalog in this house. But at least I can recycle that! So yes I would have to say for now and forever I definitely am now a L.L. Beanstalk!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I guess I will have to check them out.