Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Cars for Christmas

OK I admit it... I am 50 and I still play with cars. Actually this all started with the fake tree. The stand for it was missing a piece (probably why it was 50 cents at a dollar store) but I brought it home anyway. That was 5 years ago. I bought the truck and trailer at a garage sale. Then I figured out that by simply putting a gasket flange on the truck with a bushing it would hold the tree. Then the idea of putting my collection of Disney "Cars" on it came along- so I made ornaments out of them. Throw in some battery operated LED lights and a few other ornaments (Hallmark) bought at a thrift store and some chevron cars and there you have my Automobile themed tree.
The gang is hoping to go to Route 66 for the Holidays!
Luigi says "Buon Natale!"
Tow Mater wishes everyone a gosh dang Happy Holidays!
The trailer is hauling a sweet load of Sweet Sticks candy.
The ornaments are easy to make. Simply drill a small hole in the top of the car about the center, and screw in a small eye screw or a cup hook and hang.

I only attend the finest parties at:





Hump Day link



Photobucket

1 comment:

The 4 Bushel Farmgal said...

That's so cool! Love "Cars", and that old toy truck is great.