Sunday, October 17, 2010

Weekly Challenge Update

What a beautiful weekend here in the Seattle area! Slowed me down in some areas, but helped me out in others... Was going to finish constructing the shed for my bikes but I just had to take advantage of a rain free, work free weekend and clean the Community Garden plot and prune some fruit trees, which also gave me an idea for my one small change. More about that tomorrow!


Sharon's Independence Days Challenge Year 3, week 38
1. Plant something: Garlic
2. Harvest something: Last of the green tomatoes, beets, last of the summer chard, kohl rabi and carrots
3. Preserve something: Wondering if one could freeze green tomato slices- if not nothing
4. Waste Not: Saved the tomato cages from community garden for use next season
5: Want not: Bought a book on foraging at the local used book store
6. Preparation and Storage: Still constructing shed for bikes… Weather has been so good- I had to do some much needed yard work and clean the allotment at the Community Garden
7. Build Community Food Systems: Not really
8. Eat the food (cook something new):

Growing Challenge "Extreme Evangelist Edition"- Cleaned the community garden bed; considering moving the green house to front yard - less light but better location

No comments: