Sunday, September 13, 2009

Not much to report- Weekly Challenge Update

I don't have much to report on this week, didn't plant anything, blew meat free monday (although not too bad); no major reuse projects or anything

Sharon's Independence Days Challenge- Year two, week 19

1. Plant something: Not a thing
2. Harvest something: Basil, Tomatoes;From the community garden- Basil, tomatoes, Chard
3. Preserve something: Made some Basil Cubes; Dehydrated basil;
4. Reduce Waste (recycle, reuse, reduce, repair or compost something): Made some lanterns out of recycled materials for the Arts Aglow festival in Burien; other than that just general recycling, composting
5. Preparation and Storage: Filled my Gas cans for the generator with gas, starting to read up on propane conversion for generator
6. Build Community Food Systems; took Tomatoes, Basil and chard to the food bank from the community garden; did my watering day at community garden
7. Eat the Food (cook or eat something new)- Ate tomatoes and Basil in my Portobello Parmesan;

Melinda’s Growing Challenge: Nothing new to report


Meat Free Mondays: Well I blew it- after months of successfully watching myself on meat free Mondays and no meat Wednesdays; I totally forgot about my pledge when I went for lunch at my favorite Deli and ordered a Philly Cheese steak- I remembered halfway through, quit eating my sandwich, ate the delicious potato salad instead. I saved the other half of the sandwich for lunch the next day and got back on the horse. I suppose since it is Labor Day I forgot and thought it was Sunday. I don’t know- but I am not going to beat myself up over it. So Lunch was ½ philly cheese steak, 1 cup of potato salad; Dinner was Portobello Parmesan,, a vegan brownie for a snack,

No comments: