Sunday, October 19, 2008

Weekly Challenge Update

Sharon's Independence Days Challenge Week 18
Plant something: Nothing
Prep something: Baked Sugar Pumpkins and one of my pumpkins I grew and pureed them and froze for pies; Roasted pumpkin seeds!Harvest something: Just some peas, one of my pumpkins- the other two are not ripe yet
Manage something: Painted bathroom vanity; cabinet; Repairing the siding that the roofers damaged during the addition by putting up sheathing, covering with roofers felt, then covering with cedar shingles to match the addition
Cook Something New: Actually- roasting the pumpkins and making and freezing pumpkin puree is new for me; But I feel that would be a cop out, so I made Simple Pumpkin Soup- it is super good!
Work on Local Food Systems: Bought some local sugar pumpkins I found at the green grocer’s
Re-Cycle, Re-Use, Reduce, Repair or Compost something: Repairing the siding that the roofers damaged during the addition by putting up sheathing, covering with roofers felt, then covering shingles to match the addition, started a Mend and make do challenge; Re-used an orange Chinese lantern- drew a Jack ‘O Lantern face on it- made into a decoration for Halloween- will keep for future use!
Learn a skill: making and freezing pumpkin puree

MELINDA'S BUY SUSTAINABLY CHALLENGE: Pretty good this week as I bought nothing except for some wire brads for the nail gun and some cedar shakes for the house. And two sugar pumpkins from the green grocer.

JENNIFER'S STOP THE LEAKS CHALLENGE: Started working on repairing the siding that the roofing contractor broke off. Removes big hole in the attic.

CRUNCHY DOMESTIC GODDESS’ DITCH THE DISPOSABLES CHALLENGE: I managed to remember my shopping bag everytime I went out- even to Lowes! And I remembered my commuter mug everytime as well. No take out this week at all

No comments: