Tuesday, December 18, 2012

DIY Wrapping

I like to wrap gifts, but chances are if you get a gift from me there will be an element of garbage on it, just to make it look good. That's right- I said garbage!
I make bows (using Jessica's "How about Orange" Tutorial) This year I forewent the used Frito bags and just went with newspaper. The "ribbon" is also from the same batch of newspaper.
NEWSPAPER-

DUCT TAPE-

Now that there are so many different patterns to Duct tape, why wouldn't one find a use for it for wrapping. I wrapped my cousins' boys (whom I lovingly refer to as Huey, Louie and Dewey) with duct tape as the ribbon and a bow made from same said duct tape!
GIFT BAGS-

Sometimes it just calls for a gift bag. I bought these plain Kraft paper bags at Staples, and just apply a stamp to them and  a bow!
PHOTO TAGS-

This year I found these cool photo frame gift tags at the Dollar Tree, so I perused my family's facebook pages for pics and printed them out in Black and white! There are some really good old pics in there!

3 comments:

M-on-a-bike said...

COOL, ROB! I love this idea!

Lisa Nelsen-Woods said...

Awesome ideas! I'd take one of your trash wrapped gifts any day.

Kathe said...

Love the newspaper bows and the photo tags Rob! Trashy chic buddy :-)