1. Plant something: A lavender plant in the community garden space; Planted Swiss Chard;
2. Harvest something: India Mustard Greens; Arugula; Strawberries, tomatoes;
3. Preserve something: was going to freeze some of the Kousa Mahshi, but we ate it all, made some more instant oatmeal and stored in the big container
4. Reduce Waste (recycle, reuse, reduce, repair or compost something): Reupholstered a chair found next to a dumpster, found a rolling cart next to same dumpster that needs some paint and it will be turned into a bar cart with a few modifications
5. Preparation and Storage: Paid off the roofing company;
6. Build Community Food Systems: Did my watering day at the community garden, planted a Lavender plant in the Victory Garden space; bought some “Lavoosh” Squash and peaches at Farmers’ market,
7. Eat the Food (Cook or eat something new): Kousa Mahshi (Stuffed Squash with tomato Sauce);
Melinda’s Growing Challenge: Saved some seeds from the “Lavoosh” Squash I used to make Kousa Mahshi (since it was organic squash, was not afraid to save the seeds), planted some chard; got some chive seeds from chive flowers that went to seed!