Thursday, November 17, 2011

More KIVA News!


My Kiva loans are being re-payed. I had enough to make two more loans! I made two loans to American Entrepreneurs, one who owns a laundromat, and employs 6 persons, and one to a gal who owns a hair and beauty salon, and employs 2 full time and 2 part time employees. Why the American Loans? Well I feel that philanthropy is no good if you can’t do it in your own back yard. And the fact they use the loans to employ people is important. And my first three loans are being repaid as we speak, by my Chicken Farmer in Senegal, My Pig Farm Co-op in Ecuador and my Used Clothing group in Tanzania.


The fun thing about KIVA and Kiva Loans is you know you are helping people, families and workers all over the world. And it is a minimum investment, that returns so much more than money, it returns hope.

No comments: