Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Lasagna Cupcakes

I found this recipe online at Quick Dish.com. I adapted it to use a 6 section muffin tin. so double it to make more. I like it because being single, I rarely have lasagna. I usually eat two or three and take the leftovers to work. And this is like everyone getting the crunchy corner piece of a lasagna, so bonus... no punching or name calling at the dinner table!

Lasagna Cupcakes:
1/4 pound ground beef
salt and pepper (to taste)
12 wonton or Gyoza wrappers. Gyoza wrappers are slightly thicker than wonton wrappers. Usually located in the same section as Wonton Wrappers in your local Asian market.
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup ricotta cheese (*Optional)
1/2 cup pasta sauce
basil for garnish (optional)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray muffin tin with cooking spray. Brown beef, and season with salt and pepper. Drain. Cut wonton wrappers into circle shapes (about 2 1/4- inches) using a biscuit cutter. You can cut several at a time. Or do Like I did and use round wonton (gyosa) wrappers. Reserve 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese and 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese for the top of your cupcakes. Start layering your lasagna cupcakes. Begin with a wonton wrapper and press it into the bottom of each muffin tin. Sprinkle a little Parmesan cheese, ricotta cheese, and mozzarella cheese in each. Top with a little meat and pasta sauce. Repeat layers again. Top with reserved Parmesan and mozzarella cheeses. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until edges are brown. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes. To remove, use a knife to loosen the edges then pop each lasagna out. Garnish with basil and serve.

*Note the reason I say the ricotta is optional is I don't use ricotta in Lasagna, nor does my mother. I choose to use extra mozzerella. It's a texture thing!

No comments: