Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Functional Art

Sorry about the bad picture, but I had to share my latest. I just love functional art. So this framed jean pocket phone charger has my name on it. Easy to make- just take a nice picture frame, take out the mounting board and cut the jean pocket out of the rear of a an old pair of blue jeans. Drill a hole in the mounting board, allowing the pocket to cover it, and mark the pocket on the inside where the charging cord should come through. Then glue the jean pocket to the mounting board. I used white glue, and just brushed it on the board and place the pocket on the board, but I could imagine a spray adhesive would work just as well. After the glue dries, put the mounting board in the frame, lock and hang. The cool thing is a new no sew use for a pair of old worn out jeans. I think this would make a great Christmas gift for anyone!

No comments: