Monday, September 28, 2009

What's in your candy dish???


Trick Or Treat? Smell my feet give me something good to eat! what do you give to the little hobgoblins who come around asking for candy???
Plain and simple - I give cash! Coins to be exact. I usually have two or three mason jars full of coins- I just pick out the quarters and give them to the little beggers. LOL. No one is ever gonna call me a scrooge at Halloween.
I actually started this the year my dad died. We came home from the hospital and realized it was Halloween and had no candy to give. Luckily I remembered I had two rolls of quarters in my closet- so out came the quarters. I started to like this so, it slowly had become tradition. Kids seem fine with it as well- at least my windows don't get soaped! I think it is healthier for them too- OK I aint fooling my self- I know damn well they will just walk down to 7-11 and get a slurpee or something. But I feel better about it as there is no plastic to worry about, no high fructose corn syrup to worry about. Dentists think I am great am a jerk!

What, if anything, do you give out on Halloween as an alternative to candy? Or do you give in to the little demons, give them some sugar and send them home to their parents?Muwhahahaha!

No comments: