Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Viva La Toast Francais

I love french toast. It is perfect for a meal late at night when I get home. And now I have discovered Stuffed French Toast. In addition to Banana And Peanut Butter Stuffed French Toast, I have added Mascarpone and Blackberry Stuffed French Toast along with PB & J Stuffed French Toast to my french toast repertoire, both excellent ways to use fresh picked berries and jam made right in my kitchen. IHOP? I got your IHOP right here!

MARSCAPONE & BERRY STUFFED FRENCH TOAST
1 egg
2 tablespoons milk
1 dash vanilla extract
1/2 cup Marscopone cheese
1/2 cup of berries (any berry- I used blackberries)
2 slices bread (I prefer to use store bought sliced french)
2 tablespoons butter
1 tsp. Rum extract or 2 oz. of rum

In a small bowl, lightly beat the egg, milk,vanilla rum extract/rum together.In another bowl mix the marscapone and berries together.
Spread generous amount of cheese/berry mixture on top of each slice of bread. Place the other slice of bread on top of the first, to make a "sandwich".
In a skillet or frying pan, melt the butter over medium heat. Dip the sandwich into the egg mixture and place in the heated skillet. Cook until brown on both sides. Serve hot. If you can't find marscapone cheese, you can use ricotta or just make your own marscapone, following the crunchy ones recipe- very easy to make and you will love it.


P.B. & J STUFFED FRENCH TOAST
1 egg
2 tablespoons milk
1 dash vanilla extract
1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
1 Tablespoon Jam Or Jelly
2 slices bread
2 tablespoons butter
1 tsp. Rum extract or 2 oz. of rum

In a small bowl, lightly beat the egg, milk,vanilla rum extract/rum together.
Spread 1 tablespoon of peanut butter on top of one slice of bread. Spread the jam on the other slice of bread- Place the other slice of bread on top of the first, to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.
In a skillet or frying pan, melt the butter over medium heat. Dip the sandwich into the egg mixture and place in the heated skillet. Cook until brown on both sides. Serve hot.

3 comments:

Jenni said...

Those recipes sound yummy, can't wait to try them! I made my own blueberry pancakes yesterday, I got your IHOP right here, too!

Red Icculus said...

I need to use the phrase "french toast repetoire" more often.

Beth E-R said...

Man oh man, this stuff french toast idea sounds delicious - especially with the marscapone and berries! Thanks for sharing the good idea and the recipes.

Beth of Salvage Studio