Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Riding the Rails

I had a great day I went in to work early as I had tickets to the Mariners (You know the Baseball Team in Seattle). The tickets were a bonus from work. I decided to try the NEW Light Rail system to get there. The first challenge (or What I thought would be) is the ticket system. They have had trouble with it freezing up and such. I went up to the Kiosk and no problems! Usually if there is a computer system involved I have a host of troubles the first time. I purchased a round trip ticket to Stadium Station- the name of the station where the Safeco Field ( Mariners) and Qwest Field (Seahawks) are. The ride was smooth and quick- less than fifteen minutes-a perfect evening for baseball- not too hot, no rain and a Mariners Win- The M's beat the dreaded White Sox 1-0 in 14 innings!



Nice new Clean Train cars

Nice scenery!


You Even get Life Advice!


A little video to give you a taste of the ride!


4 comments:

Sam said...

I enjoyed the video. The sky looked blue and uncloudy (my perception of the NW)

Are you signed up for Chile's Park the car challenge?

Robj98168 said...

No Beany- because I cannot even do it. The bus system here while better than most US Cities doesn't run well for people working my shift. And the light rail , well is very limited at this time. And I aint gonna get my fat ass on bicycle and ride to work.

Sam said...

What exactly is wrong with getting your ass on a bicycle? Don't you want to commune with nature? Feel the wind beneath your beard? Have an excuse to eat more yummy food?

Robj98168 said...

Beany no- Bad knees and a heart condition. I am getting there though. LOL If i want to feel the winf beneath my bear i ride my scooter or drive the convertible- usually the scooter