Sunday, August 23, 2009

How lazy can I be? The Weekly Challenge Update

Just trying to rest- worked the second weekend in a row, Should have all the weekends off next month (YAY) So I didn't get too much done this week. Oh Well!

Sharon's Independence Days Challenge- Year two, week 16

1. Plant something: Radish seeds
2. Harvest something: Tomatoes, Cucmbers frorm my garden; Zucchini, eggplant, Swiss Chard and a cucumber from the community garden
3. Preserve something:
4. Reduce Waste (recycle, reuse, reduce, repair or compost something): No fancy hacks or nothing, just composted kitchen items, recycled trash
5. Preparation and Storage: Nothing
6. Build Community Food Systems: Took some zucchini, eggplant, Swiss Chard and a cucumber to the food bank from the community garden; attended a community garden planning meeting on where/what to do next (the B/IAS is going away in December).
7. Eat the Food (cook or eat something new)- Tzatziki with Lamb-Burgers

Melinda’s Growing Challenge: Just resting between onslaught of plums and tomatoes. Nothing new to report

Meat Free Mondays: Breakfast- Vegan brownie and coffee from Burien Press. Lunch was a green salad with boiled eggs. Dinner was some deep fried mushrooms, apple and cheese.

Crunchy’s Buy Nothing Challenge: I must confess to buying coffee and pastry almost everyday at Burien Press... but local and vegan so I don't mind... as for other purchases... well I didn't make any 'cepting for car club trophies (stain and such) but I will be reimbursed for those. That and I bought the stain on closeout for 1.47. Am getting up tomorrow to buy some shirts at Thrift Stores for work so.... we'll see how I do. (Hard to go to thrift stores without checking out other items I may like for furniture hacks and artsy crap).

No comments: