Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Bon Apetit!

Broiled Tomato w/ Provolone. Yes that is my attempt at an omelette ala Julia Child.

I found this recipe at gardenerd.com, Of course I had to try it with a little Rob Flair. Just can't leave things alone. I know now I should have never seen Julie/Julia. Oh well. At least I can boil a live lobster. Without screaming. Any way, may I present Broiled tomatoes with provolone, along with a video of Julia Child on how to prepare a French omelette the correct way. At least she doesn't poo poo my Microwave omelette pan. (actually I don't think Microwaves were that common when "The French Chef" was on TV). Just don't mistake me for Amy Adams. I am much prettier.

BROILED TOMATOES WITH PROVOLONE
Makes 6 servings

Ingredients

3 large salad tomatoes
3 large garlic cloves, cut lengthwise into slivers
2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, or 2 teaspoons dried rosemary leaves
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup olive oil
6 slices of good provolone cheese
Directions

Heat broiler to 500ºF. Cut the tomatoes crosswise in half and place them, cut-side up, on a broiling pan or shallow baking pan. Stick the garlic slivers into the tomatoes. Sprinkle with the rosemary, salt, and a few grinds of pepper. Drizzle with the oil. Top with a slice of provolone cheese. Broil about 3 inches from the heat for 10 to 15 minutes or just until the tomatoes release their juices and the garlic and cheese begins to brown. Spoon the pan juices over the tomatoes before serving.

Serve as a side dish for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.


No comments: