Monday, May 19, 2008
This weekend I put up new gutters, primed and painted the addition on the house. I got lucky on the paint- I managed to keep 5 gallons from when I painted the house 3 years ago, so I had paint left for the addition- just had to mix it up real well. I rented an airless sprayer because I have t-1-11 siding, and I am not gonna sit there painting the grooves. Got finished and had time to go to my cousin's 40th Birthday party. What I get amazed at is the amount of plastic need to use an airless sprayer- I had to cover all the windows and the cedar shake on the front gable of the house! And I don't know a better way to do it than spread plastic film over the window- Last time I spread those blue tarps over the windows, but alas they have mysteriously vanished. And I repaired my water feature in the front yard- found a pump at harbor freight and put that in and now it works again! All I have left to do is the trim and a little touch up!