Sunday, May 25, 2008

My Nuts Are Clean...


...and wash my laundry! I thought since all I posted about the last couple of days are slugs and worms I needed something cleansing to post about,so naturally I had to post about my nuts! Maggie's Soap Nuts laundry soap that grows on trees! Soap Nuts are the dried fruit of the Chinese Soapberry tree. They contain saponin, a natural cleaner used for thousands of years to clean clothes. I must admit the smell is not great, but it doesn't get in the clothes. So far my clothes look all right, so maybe there is something there! The website is okay, there is a FAQ section that explains why it is necessary to package soap nuts in plastic and with a silica gel packet, and questions that you can have fun with like "My Nuts have turned black and sticky! What’s up?" really there is an answer for that- not my answer but a good answer!

No comments: