Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Addiction in a Peak Oil World And Still a Bookworm

Well the bloggirls are at it again- Chile's new challenge to get rid of our addictions in a Peak Oil World for the month of June. Mine is eating out at restaurants. Gonna be hard. But when you consider the gas it takes to get to the restaurant, the gas it takes to make the deliveries to the restaurant or the deliveries to home the gas I get at some of my favorite restaurant type places and that take out would have to be on this challenge) I have to use my lunch box everyday at work. LOL I forgot to pre-excuse the hot dog stand at the farmers market. I don't feel bad about that- I am there anyway, and it helps to support the association that puts on the market. All that and they make an outrageous brat wurst!


GREEN BEAN DREAMS' "I'm Still a Bookworm" Challenge
What can I say? I'm always up for a challenge. I will be reading "Living Like Ed- a guide to the eco-friendly life by Ed Begley Jr, and "The Green Book' The everyday guide to saving the planet one simple step at a time compiled by Elizabeth Rogers And Thomas M. Kostigen.


WORM BIN UPDATE
Speaking of worms, book and such, My worms seem to have taken to their new home. After two escape attempts! Of course I had to bribe them with fruit and veggies- apple cores, the ends of asparagus and some lettuce cores, But they seem happy. I am not sure how to tell if a worm is happy but they haven't committed suicide yet- or is that wormicide?!

2 comments:

Chile said...

Pre-excuse? Excuuuuuuussssse me? I say you're rationalizing and it's not even June yet. ;-)

Robj98168 said...

LOL my name is ROB AND i AM A compulssive rationalizer