Thursday, May 22, 2008

I Gots Worms!


I went to the Burien Farmers' Market today- and this gal who called herself "Worm-Mama" was there selling redworms and worm bins and castings- so I got a worm bin!I haven't ventured in vermicomposting yet, and haven't messed with raising worms since i was a kid and we tried to start a worm bin for fishing worms, (no one told me you don't need to water them with a hose and set the bin out in the hot sun to dry them off) but I thought Hey! I already compost- why not take it to the next level? More on my worm bin- The bins obtained from"Worm-mama" (or rather Worm-Mama's kids- she pays them to make the bins and collect worm castings from her big bins)- the worm bins are constructed from recycled plastic and have a tea tray and all the good stuff. She has easy instructions on keeping worms, where to put your bin etc. etc. I do so admire folks who take an idea, run with it and make a living at it! More posts on the bin later. You can contact her at sharon@worm-mama.com. But right now, I am going to enjoy some fresh asparagus I bought at the farmers market.

No comments: