Sunday, January 11, 2009

Weekly Challenge Update

Cocoa Nut Bananas

Sharon's Independence Days Challenge Week 30

Plant something: Nuthing
Harvest something- Nope
Manage something: Cleaned out freezer

Cook Something New: Made some “Cocoa-Nut” Bananas”
“Cocoa-Nut” Bananas. Cocoa and coconut-crusted bananas are a treat for the whole family.

RECIPE INGREDIENTS
4 teaspoons cocoa powder
4 teaspoons toasted unsweetened coconut
2 small bananas, sliced on the bias

DIRECTIONS Place cocoa and coconut on separate plates. Roll each banana slice in the cocoa, shake off the excess, then dip in the coconut.

Work on Local Food Systems: nope
Re-Cycle, Re-Use, Re-Duce, Repair or Compost something: Just the usual- made some Bel cloche out of juisce bottles, saved the tamper rings from the bottles to make mini wreaths;
Learn a skill: Learned how to make mini wreaths to decorate the tree and packages next christmas!
MELINDA'S BUY SUSTAINABLY CHALLENGE: Didn’t buy too much that wasn’t groceries this week. Bought a new pair of shoes, because the pair I had fell apart- well I will probably reuse them as planters, bought a container of “white out”- it does save on paper when I make mistakes.
Crunchy’s Freeze Yer Balls off Challenge: I must admit to turning the heat up at night- I have a horrendous cold and get the chills!
Sergeant Chile’s Operation Clean Out- Sorted out my seed box, and did a giveaway for some extra packets of seeds that I had. Trying to finish putting away Christmas crap. I need to take the lights down off the house- but it has been raining cats and dogs- I know because today I stepped in a poodle.

No comments: