Sunday, December 20, 2009

Krum Kake Redux- New Recipe


I have a new recipe for Krum Kake- much easier than the one I posted last year, from Mrs. Hilda Farden, out of the Edmore (ND) Lutheran Church Women's Cookbook

Krum Kake ... Mrs. Hilda Farden



4 eggs
1 cup of Sugar
1 cup of heavy Cream
1 1/2 tsp. Vanilla
2 cups of flour
Mix in the order given. Bake on a Krum Kake Iron.

(This is typical of North Dakota Church Cookbooks- Little direction as they think you should know how to do it and at what temperature.)

This Is How I roll






Krum Kake Irons vary from old fashioned ones you put on a burner of your stove, to fancy double electric iron. You can use a pizzelle iron, all you need is the wooden cone for rolling. All items are available at the Lefse Store



Old fashioned on the burner iron,
wooden Cone Roller

No matter what Iron you use I strongly suggest light cotten gloves or glove liners to protect your hands. Even my much banged up plumber's hands are tender to the heat of molten batter,
They say if you can make waffles, you can make Krum Kake and Pizzelle. Well I can't make waffles but I can make krum kake and pizelle.

3 comments:

Farmer's Daughter said...

Looks great! I'm having some computer issues now (may be the operator and that I need to go to sleep!) so I'll get it in the side bar tomorrow!

Farmer's Daughter said...

Glad I watched the video! I've been saying "Crumb Cake" in my head, now I have the correct pronounciation.

Everydaywoman said...

OMG, I've been saying "Crumb Cake" in my head, too! I must have heard it from Abbie!

Great video. We both learned something new!