Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Meatless Wednesday- Sloppy Jose's and Soy Corn Dogs

For dinner, I made Sloppy Jose's- A sloppy joe with taco seasoning, again using Morningstar Farms® Meal Starters™ Grillers™ Recipe Crumbles™ and tomorrow I will make mexican pizza with the leftovers - simply fry the tortilla's, spread refried beans on the tortilla, add a layer of taco meat, some lettuce, top with salsa. I make my own refried beans- I simply use some pinto beans boiled down and mash them. No lard or nothing, except I do add about of tablespoon of Canola oil.
Sloppy Jose's
1 Pkg. Of Morningstar Farms® Meal Starters™ Grillers™ Recipe Crumbles™
1 pkg. of Taco Seasoning
Catsup
Shredded Cheese if desired
Prepare crumbles in 1 tbsp of oil, and prepare with taco seasoning as directed, add about 1/4 cup of catsup, cook until done. Place over Hamburger buns or bread, top with cheese

for lunch at work I had Trader Joe's Corn Dogs- They are soy based hot dogs on a stick with corn meal coating- Very good- I never can tell the difference.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are inspiring me, friend!