Wednesday, February 18, 2009

SPAGHETTI With GUILTLESS MEAT SAUCE!

In order to match my cravings for meat with my guilt for the cows, I came up with a guilt free sauce! I can't say this is for vegans, but it is another meal for guilty carnivores like myself!

SPAGHETTI WITH GUILTLESS MEAT SAUCE:

1 Jar of spaghetti sauce (I used Ragu with mushrooms)
1 can of mushrooms
Spaghetti (I used Barillo multi-grain)
1 Package of Morningstar Meal Starters Crumbles
Boil the spaghetti per directions. In a sauce pan, Heat up 1 package of Morningstar Meal starters crumbles instead of hamburger in 1 tablespoon of olive oil, add the spaghetti sauce, add the mushrooms. Serve with garlic bread!
This made an excellent meat sauce- Martin the carnivore who snoots up at anything I make like this said it was great! He who eats nothing but Pizza and McNuggets! I took some for my lunch at work and it was even better the next day! I cannot say enough about Morningstar products- Luvs them. Now tonight I am gonna make Red-icculus' Lentil Burgers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't tell that it's TVP when it's in a red sauce. This recipe is great.