Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Cute puppy and Stuffed Avocadoes


CAUTION: Puppy Cuteness ahead. You have been warned!









Romeo loves his new Loofa Dog. And guess what? Romeo loves to play fetch! I was hoping to snap a pic of Sammy Cat being cute eating the Crab Salad from my Stuffed Avacado, but sammy is a cat and they are not cute when you have the camera out. It's a cat thing. You wouldn't understand.
A RECIPE FOR MY PESCETARIAN FRIENDS
On the recipe front, in the spirit of Crunchy’s Food Waste Reduction challenge, I had an over ripe avocado, I needed to use, so I made a stuffed avocado, since I had only one, the rest of the stuffing will go into tomorrows lunch. I used lentil sprouts instead of lettuce, since I had no lettuce and I have lentil sprouts

STUFFED AVOCADOES
Another Sprout recipe
2 ripe avocadoes split into halves
Sauce- (I used my homeade catsup instead of Cocktail sauce, since I had no cocktail sauce or horseradish)
1/4 cup of catsup
1/4 cup of La Victoria Salsa Brava or your favorite hot salsa
1/4 cup of lentil sprouts (if you absolutely cannot stand sprouts, use 1/4 cup of shredded lettuce)
mix all together and add to:
1 lb. of crabmeat or Fake Crabmeat, Flaked ( or put in the food processor- I use the fake crab and the food processor) and 1/4 cup of shredded Cheddar Cheese MIX WELL, split avocadoes, remove the pits and with a spoon scoop the crab mixture into the avocado, top with more sprouts. Enjoy. Also makes a great sandwich, if you cannot find avocadoes or just don't have any try using a tomato with the top cut off and insides scooped out.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That stuffed avo recipe sounds wonderful. My family has a recipe that they always make.

one ripe avocado
a couple spoonfuls of hot salsa
a couple spoonfuls of sour cream
a dash of Worcestershire sauce
coarse salt
a splash of lime

Smush it all up with a fork and enjoy with chips.

Jennifer said...

What a cute puppy! I just want to scratch under his ears and chin till he flips over!

Clipping them at home is really pretty easy. I was worried at first, until I realized hair grows... and it does. FAST. I'd be happy to share any pointers!

Connie said...

Awwww look at your new dog! And a puppy to boot! I'm so glad you have a new pet.

The avacado/crab looked good enough to eat.

Carolyn G said...

Those look so delicious!!!

Robj98168 said...

Red- Thanks for the recipe!

Jen- Yup I used to groom binky myself, but I used a beard trimmer- it was easier with binky- Romeo does put up a fuss with grooming so I may or may not use a profeesional groomer. My pug used to put up a hellaciuos show when they went to trim his nails (and he would when I did it but that never stopped me) They asked that he not come back. Made me feel bad.

Verde- He is not a puppy- I just call him one. He will be 3 at the end of march or april

Carolyn- they were! I have to tell you the profile pic with your comment posts just cracks me up. You look so excited!