Sunday, June 29, 2008

Weekly Challenges Update

Sharon's Independance days challenge:
Planted: Planted basil, planted herbs and catnip, transplanted pepper plants, transplanted pumpkin plant, my cukes got fried waiting for me to get my ass in gear and make new box for them
Prepped: Prepped the soil in my boxes/planters for tomatoes and peppers, made beef jerky from two of three roasts obtained from the Costco, cut a bunch of steaks out of the third and froze them! Put up some dehydrated strawberries.
HARVESTED: strawberries growing in my basket; dandelion greens for a salad
Managed: Got my gardening tools in good working order, found, sorted and cleaned them. repaired door on tool shed (had blown off in wind storm) Better late than never!
Cooked something new: I Made a pea pod salad with peas bought at farmers market.
Work on Local Food Systems: Went to farmers market, bought peas and bread , bought ½ flat of strawberries to dehydrate
Compost something- got some free coffee grounds from the starbucks to mix in my soil, made some new bedding for worm bin
Learned a skill- didn’t learn a new skill, started doing an old one again-started up macramé again, to repair old hanging pots for hanging garden and to repair bags etc.

Chiles peak oil world addiction challenge: failed miserably- had lunch out with a friend on Friday, Not feeling guilty as I feel guilt sucks. Did pretty good otherwise- no bratwurst at the market, no coffee at the starbucks even though I sneak into starbucks to get coffee grounds for my soil!

Crunchy Green goddesses 5 minute shower challenge: still all showers 5 minutes or less, still capturing first two gallons while shower water is warming up

Crunchy chicksters “My ass is melting challenge”- shut the a/c unit off just as warm weather hits

No comments: