Friday, April 4, 2008

Broccoli Slaw!

I recentely discovered a package of shredded broccoli at Trader Joes, called Broccoli Slaw- I looked at it and thought hmmmmm... I bet I could make a decent Slaw with this. So I bought it, took it home. They had a recipe on the back BUT I just made my usual slaw dressing, mixed it in, added a handfull of raisins and a handfull of pepitas (pumpkin seeds) I would think sunflower seeds would be good instead!

1 12 oz. package of Trader Joe's Broccoli Slaw
1 handful (3/4 cup)of pepitas or sunflower seeds
1 handful (3/4 cup) raisins
Toss all together

Dressing Mix
2/3 cup of mayo
3 tablespoons of Vinegar
6 teaspoons of Sugar (or in my case- Splenda)
Mix well - poor over slaw mix

I would think this would also make a great salad using broccoli flourettes or cut up fresh broccoli instead of Packaged slaw mix, I don't think anyone wants to sit there and shred broccoli! Probably could do it on a mandolin though!

No comments: