1. Plant something: Nope, but got three beds ready
2. Harvest something: Sprouts
3. Preserve something: Made up a big mix of homemade instant Oatmeal and stored it in the Oatmeal canister.
4. Reduce Waste (recycle, reuse, reduce, repair or compost something): Dumpster dove to retrieve some milk crates and a big old plastic tub to mix “Hypertufa” in
5. Preparation and Storage: Made up a big mix of homemade instant Oatmeal
6. Build Community Food Systems: Attended the “Empty Bowls Event” in my city
7. Eat the Food (cook or eat something new): Some carrots and onions in more Curried Carrot Soup
Freeze Your Buns off challenge- Not so bad as the temps here have been above normal
One Small Change- Well I am claiming SUCCESS with the paper. Less in the recycle box at work. For this month I am thinking eliminating some of the heat loss in this old barn. Anything I do will help lower the power bill as well as my house is total electric.
Yes Melinda is starting early this year, The Extreme Evangelist edition is one were the challenge is to:
1-Grow 3 Crops from Seed this Year.
2-Plant the Seeds in 3 New People- inspire 3 new people to grow crops from seed this year
3-Tell the Stories About Your Seed Planting Here
4- (The Extreme part) Grow 3 crops from seed, and save the seed from each of those 3 crops to grow them next year. That means you do have to buy open pollinated seeds (not hybrids), and learn a bit about the crops so that you save the seed well enough that they’ll produce a good quality crop next year.
Sounds like a lot of work and a lot of learning and a lot of fun!