Sunday, January 24, 2010

I got lego... actually K'Nex boxes- The weekly challenge Update

View Blog
Independence Days Challenge: Year 3, week 3
1. Plant something: Planted some Rhubarb and a raspberry bush in some pots, and put the pots on my wagon to wheel them in and out until spring, when I can plant them
2. Harvest something: Sprouts
3. Preserve something: Nothing
4. Reduce Waste (recycle, reuse, reduce, repair or compost something): Made some magazine holders out of Cereal Boxes; Made a lamp and a candle holder out of a thrift store candle holder; Used some found old K’Nex boxes for tool boxes at work (they really do make great toolboxes for some of the specialty tools I use like drain kings. No toy pieces though. :(
5. Preparation and Storage: Getting my seeds together both the seeds I order and the Seeds I saved from last year
6. Build Community Food Systems: Got an idea to turn a trailer I have into a mobile garden to demonstrate the ease of planting in a raised bed and shared with other community garden members
7. Eat the Food (cook or eat something new): Used some pickled onions in a salad

Freeze Your Buns off challenge- Were did winter go? With the warmer temps we have been having, I notice I don’t go over to the thermostat to override as much.

One Small Change- I noticed my “Recycle paper box”at work is not as full. Must have something to do with reusing the paper first for notes; or it could mean I am not working as hard- Nope must be the first one.

No comments: