Sunday, January 17, 2010

Weekly Challenge Update

Sharon's Independence Days Challenge- Year two, week 22
1. Plant something: Nope
2. Harvest something: Sprouts
3. Preserve something: Had a bag of greens- turnip, kale that I did not use for pot luck -Blanched and froze them for use later;
4. Reduce Waste (recycle, reuse, reduce, repair or compost something): Bought some old obects D’art at thrift store- turning them in to new useful items; Took and old thermal coffee carafe and turned it into a lamp
5. Preparation and Storage: Found an old Radio Flyer wagon at the thrift store- will get much use around the garden!
6. Build Community Food Systems: still working on the Ryobi cultivator I got for the community gardens.
7. Eat the Food (cook or eat something new): Nope. I did use what I had available making a version of PB Crunchers


Freeze Your Buns off challenge- Not so bad this week. Temps have been higher, so easier to “freeze my ass off”

One Small Change- Still doing great on this. LOL I never knew how much paper was wasted until I started cutting it for my own notepads. Have to think what to do for next month.

No comments: