Saturday, January 2, 2010

New Year, New Chores- The Weekly Challenge Update

INDEPENDANCE DAYS CHALLENGE- Week 36, Year 2
1. Plant something: Just some sprouts-
2. Harvest something: Nope (Sprouts were not ready to pick yet)
3. Preserve something: nope
4. Reduce Waste (recycle, reuse, reduce, repair or compost something): Made a twine holder from an empty can of Mixed nuts- Composted Leftovers that had worn out their welcome, Recycled boxes, gift wrap etc from the holidays in the recycle bin
5. Preparation and Storage: Made Christmas light storage holders out of Wire Coat Hangers (my favorite thing to make tools out of)
6. Build Community Food Systems: Plans are in the works to make “Wicking Gardens, from what I can see these are just supersized Self Watering Containers
7. Eat the Food (cook or eat something new): Are You Kidding Me? This was Chritmas Vacation. I was home alone all week- I ate everything in sight, Although I left alone the Dog and Kitty Food, almost considered how to make Granola Bars out that.

Freeze Your Buns off challenge- Still towing the line on this. I made it through without raising the temp due to my cold. Helped that I was home more so I could keep the temp at 65.

No comments: