I have been busy this week processing and pureeing pumpkins, making soup and dog and cat food. Participating in the Day of the Dead festivities at the BIAS.
Sharon's Independence Days Challenge- Year two, week 27
1. Plant something: Nothing
2. Harvest something: Sprouts
3. Preserve something: Processed the last of the pumpkins, Made and froze dog/cat food
4. Reduce Waste (recycle, reuse, reduce, repair or compost something) -Repaired my old favorite sweater; Recycled some Halloween decorations- used the cloth from an umbrella to make a cape for one of my skeletons, Participating in the BIAS Day of the Dead celebration, where the city parks has arranged for people to bring their pumpkins, to be lit and at the end composted!
5. Preparation and Storage: Still working on cleaning out (using up the food) the freezer in prep for a new freezer
6. Build Community Food Systems: Nothing this week. Participating in the BIAS Day of the Dead celebration, saying goodbye to the community garden
7. Eat the Food (cook or eat something new): Pumpkin soup, veggies in dog food,
Melinda’s Growing Challenge: Nothing new to report
Meat Free Mondays: Did not have a muffin for breakfast- had a bean burritto for lunch, cheese and crackers for dinner, fruit for dessert
Ditch The Disposables -No FAILS this week.
Buy Hand challenge: Nothing new got done for Christmas. Was a busy Halloween week.
The Grilled Cheese Curd Sandwich
5 days ago